usplash in debian ?

Hello,
I look for installing bootsplash on my system, and I read some things about
usplash, a completely user-space "boot splash" from Ubuntu project. Since I
like user-space things better than kernel-space ones, and since Ubuntu is
based on Debian Sarge, I would like to know if there is a way to install
usplash on debian.
I already heard about debsplash too, and it seems they wonder if they have to
use usplash or fbsplash from gentoo :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-desktop/2004/11/msg00006.html
But it seems they decide to choose the kernel-space thing :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-desktop/2005/01/msg00024.html

So, any help is welcome to find how to install the user-space thing.

Regards.