Re: Debian Install: EN 2000 PnP network Card

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:37:36 -0500, Roberto Sanchez
<roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
> I would agree with Jacob's assesment that you are probably dealing with an
> ISA card.  Personally, I would download a Knoppix CD and then do a Google
> search on "debian chroot install".  The nice thing about installing from
> within Knoppix is that it is a fully operational OS that detects all your
> hardware automatically.  I would give that a shot first.

That's a good idea.  I happened to have a knoppix 3.6 CD here for
another reason, booted off that, and everything boots up well enough
given the limited memory, but it still doesn't detect the ISA card
ethernet card.

(And I can't ping other machines, which can ping each other.)

Is there a how-to on getting ISA ethernet cards to work?  At least
from within a knoppix shell I've got access to more things....

-James

--
James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com