Re: When is is appropriate to do a group-reply to the list?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:05:31PM -0500, William Ballard wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 01:44:17PM +1100, Sam Watkins wrote:
> > Apparently mutt's list-reply does not honor the mail-followup-to header.
> > In the case where mail-followup-to is set to a different subscribed
> > list, perhaps it should take note of it.  File a wishlist bug if you
> > think this is important!
>
> That would be cool and a great way to take a thread to another list.
>
> Is there a general purpose header you can set that indicates replies to
> group are preferred over replies to list?

I suppose that's what Mail-Followup-To is for, isn't it?  If that header
is specified, that's where you should reply (unless it's obviously
wrong).

Apparently mutt has an "honor_followup_to" variable, which is set by
default, and even a list reply honors it, but I think it also includes
the original list.  I'm confused!