Re: Problem compiling (gcc? glibc?)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:38:01 +1300, Andrew Walbran <qwandor@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just tried removing the execute bit from /lib/ld-2.3.2.so, and it made my
> system unusable (no programs would start, and I couldn't even shut down).
> Just as well I had a Knoppix CD :-).

Whoops!  Well, I'm glad you had that rescue CD, for your sake and mine.

Earlier, you tried a reinstall of gcc.  What about a reinstall of
libc6 and binutils?

I'm just grasping at straws here, of course.  This is just so weird
that I *have* to know how to fix it...  There's always "apt-get -f
install" to make sure no conflicts or unmet dependencies are floating
around.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh