Re: apache2 packages

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:

> I installed 'apache2-mpm-prefork' and 'apache2' on a Debian Testing
> system (x86). I also have phpmyadmin on it.

> I saw that the configuration is splat in many files, like:
> - /etc/apache2/sites-available
> - /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

This is "the Debian way" of managing Apache configuration. It is somewhat
confusing at first, but it's a better method overall.

Read the documentation in /etc/apache2/README - that should answer all your
questions (including those asked later in your post).

> How should I manage it in order to have a single file configuration that
> the webmaster could manage through the webmin apache module? What file
> to rename, what symlink to make, what directive to put where? 'Cause
> webmin apache module doesn't know anything but httpd.conf.

Either build Apache from source, or don't use Webmin.

Adam