Re: [SOLVED] cupsd usage rises to 90+%

Matt Price wrote:
hi folks,

recently added a network printer to cups and suddenly cupsd usage has
shot through the roof -- upwards of 90% of cpu.  I especially notice
the slowdown in firefox, where the  print dialogue comes up veeeery
slowly.  (but the cpu usage stays high even when firefox shuts down).
anyone else seen this?  if not, any ideas how I should try to
diagnose it?

found the culprit, an erroneous BrosePoll directive that tried to poll the printer directly. apparently cups doesn't deal with this very well.

matt