Re: NFS Export Permissions

Quoting Leonardo Marques <surf3r0@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a exported directory on NFS, i wanna how i do to set a 777
> permission for every new file created on the exported directory. How
> can i do it?
>
> Thanks for attentions.

I am guessing that you are talking about how to do this on the server.
As far as I know, that is not possible.  Default file permissions are
determined by the umask of the process that creates it.  If you think
about it, it makes sense.  If I create a file in my NFS mounted home
directory, I really don't want it to be world writable.  To get the what
you are looking for, you need to set the umask of the process to 000.
Though, realize it is dangerous to do so.

-Roberto