Synaptic Package Manager Missing Buttons

Hi,

When I start my synaptic package manager in gnome 2 on sarge, I don't
see any buttons or text on the tool bar.

-The Settings->Toolbar-> has Text Below Icons selected
-I've closed the application, deleted the .synaptic folder under the
root directory, and restarted the application
-Finally I've tried apt-get remove synaptic, and apt-get install
synaptic

Nothing has solved this problem.

Has anyone has something similar, and how have you solved it?

Thanks in advance,
-Richard

--
Richard Lessard <rnlessard@videotron.ca>