Re: KDE-mail

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, David Baron wrote:

> On Thursday 20 January 2005 01:49, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
> wrote:
> > Can this be configured as a mail reader for local
> > mail reader (mail for user spooled in /var/mail/user)?
> > If so, where can I find information on configuring
> > it?
>
> Kmail can certainly do this. This is how I am now using with fetchmail and
> exim4 doing the rest!
>
> Configure Kmail with network send to local host, receive from local mailboxes.
I am able to make the send part work but it won't receive from
/var/mail/user :-(

It looks like that I do not understand the 'local mailbox' part. I think
that Postfix spools the mail for user in /var/mail/user (as does it does
grow in size) bu nothing ends up in ~/Mail/inbox/new etc. (in Kmail).

BTW what is the function of 'fetchmail' in your local set up (as same host
is also sending and receving mail..)?

-ishwar