Re: Irregular crashes (freezes) on Sarge

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 01:29:04PM +0100, Felix Laate wrote:
> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:29:04 +0100
> From: Felix Laate <felix@enternett.no>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: RE: Irregular crashes (freezes) on Sarge

 [ snip ]

> In dmesg I find nothing of interest (AFAIK). Except perhaps for a message
> concering highmem. Its not a highmem-enabled kernel. It only supports 896MB.
> But then again, this aught to be more than enough..!

 It could happens that kernel freezes before disk caches are flushed, so
there's nothing in syslog/dmesg. Try to setup serial console, make
logging on serial alsa and attach a machine that records anything from
you console.

BTW: which kernel do you use?

--
Alexei Chetroi