"cdrecord -scanbus" - was Re: Cd burning with kernel 2.6.10

*  Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net> [2005-01-18] :

> Instead of "cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc" you might try the folowing:
>
> cdrecord dev=ATA -scanbus  (which returns this here)
> scsibus1:
>   1,0,0   100) '_NEC    ' 'DVD_RW ND-3500AG' '2.16' Removable CD-ROM
>
> So I use cdrecord dev=ATA:1,0,0

The following quote may have some bearing on the initial problem.

If not, I would still welcome comments on what is going on.  Below are
my outputs with the "scanbus test" (kernel 2.6.8):

,----[ scanbus.txt ]-

`----

Felix Karpfen
--
Felix Karpfen Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)