Re: [Apache] Vhost with mod_rewrite

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:17:52 +0100
Gob42 <lgob42@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to set up virtual host with sub-domain using mod_rewrite. My
> actual configuration is like this one but for all my domains.
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>  ServerName www.domaine.tld
>  ServerAdmin admin@domaine.tld
>  ServerAlias domaine.tld
>  php_value include_path ".:/home/www/domaine.tld/www/php-include"
>  DocumentRoot /home/www/domaine.tld/www/htdocs
>
>  ErrorLog /var/log/apache/domaine.tld/error.log
>  CustomLog /var/log/apache/domaine.tld/access.log full
>
>  <directory /home/www/domaine.tld/htdocs>
>       php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/www/domaine.tld/www"
>
>       AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes Options
>       Options MultiViews SymLinksIfOwnerMatch +Includes +ExecCGI
> -FollowSymLinks
>
>       <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
>               Order allow,deny
>               Allow from all
>       </Limit>
>
>       <Limit PUT DELETE PATCH PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
>               Order deny,allow
>               Deny from all
>       </Limit>
>  </directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> So for each domains, i create a file domain_tld.conf in the rep
> vhost.d . But i want to automatise this mechanism with mod_rewrite.
> I've installed mod_rewrite et now i want to do that, but i don't
> how...

If you want the new domain config created automatically, you're probably
best writing a bash script that uses sed, or a perl script.

Alternatively, there is the mod_vhost_alias module for apache that
allows you to have multiple virtual domains without having to setup any
additional config files when you add a new domain. Documentation links
below.

Apache 1.3: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_vhost_alias.html
Apache 2.0: http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_vhost_alias.html

HTH,