Re: [Apache] Vhost with mod_rewrite

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 11:32:52AM +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> This is not what mod_rewrite is for. It matches on the path portion of a
> URL, not the domain portion. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the OP was hoping mod_rewrite would rewrite his configuration
files for him.  It definitely won't do that.

In case you don't know how to do what Jon suggested, try something like
this:

#!/usr/bin/perl -p
BEGIN { $domain = shift; }
s/domaine\.tld/$domain/g;

That will change the "domain.tld" in your example to a domain name you
pass on the command line.