Re: Making donation$ to Debian

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:44:05 +0100, Pål Dahle <pal.dahle@nr.no> wrote:
> I have several times wanted to make a monetary donation to the
> Debian team.

Cool!

>So I go the debian.org where I select
>
> Link                  Action no.
> --------------------------------
> (About) Donations       (1)
> Donations of money      (2)
> SPI donation page       (3)
> Donations of money      (4)
> Donate now (image)      (5)
> Donate now (image)      (6)
>
> And now, eventually, I am allowed to fill in the amount I want to
> donate. But for some reason and I never manage to complete the
> transaction...

Bummer!

> All the 6 steps above which takes me to places with a shitload of
> text, and since this is about my credit card, I feel inclined to
> read through it (all).

You're a thoughtful consumer. More people should be like that.

> But, when I eventually get to the donations
> page, I am left with an uneasy feeling, and I press "Close Tab".

Could you please take the time to identify here a few of the items
that leave you with an uneasy feeling so they can be addressed by
someone at SPI. That would be very helpful.

> This has happened several times.
>
> Does it really have to be more complicated to make donations to
> Debian, than to by a T-shirt from the mozilla store?

I'm not sure I understand when you say its more complicated. Is it the
number of clicks involved, or is it navigating through the web pages
and information provided. Could you write a short outline of the user
experience that you are hoping for.

It's a real shame if SPI/debian/etc. is losing yours and others
financial contributions due to some lack of foresight or insight.
Maybe you could help improve the donation process.  That would be a
far-reaching non-financial contribution with powerful financial
effects for the organization.