Re: Moving from testing to stable?

michael,

> > If your question is "Will there be problems when sarge becomes stable",
> > the answer is no.
> >
> > IF: Your sources.list states "sarge" and not "testing" (since testing
> > will then point to something elns). If you point to sarge, you will not
> > notice the transition from testing to stable.
>
> So any of us with sources.list refs to "testing" should swap them to
> "sarge" now (or soon, or in a while when somebody says)? and no
> dist-upgrade will be required?

Unless I'm way off - and I suspect that someone will promptly correct me
if I am - that will be the case.

sarge is a specific version in the package hierarchy (my terminology may
be a bit off here), and "testing/stable" are pointers to such
versions. So in essence, sarge will not change, but the pointer "stable"
will start pointing to sarge. (And testing will start pointing to
whatever the new testing will be.)

--
regards,

Christopher Pharo Glæserud