mailx & maildir & You have new mail in /home/<account>/Maildir

Hi,
I 've got a problem with mailx.
All my mail stucture is Maildir based. Any MTU points to the same inbox, sent-mail, trash, ...
Now i want to do the same with mailx but it doesn't work:

<account>$ mail
mail: /home/<account>/Maildir: Is a directory
When sending a mail, it's the same:
# mail <account>