Re: PPP daemon dies after dialing into the ISP

Hello

Vinod (<vinodlakshmanan@gmail.com>) wrote:

> I'm using Debian Sarge and am connecting to the net through a dial-up
> modem. I'm using kernel 2.6.8.1 and tried connecting through various
> programs as minicom and kppp. However after dialing into the ISP, the
> pppd dies as soon as it starts. Why does this problem occur?

Enable the debug mode in /etc/ppp/options, look at the output, post the
parts that are interesting here. Also tell us the exit code ot pppd.
Without this information, nobody will be able to help you.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976