Re: Can't set resolution for console

There were similar posts not so long ago.
In my opinion, if someone asks you :
#
# Console display driver support
#
CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x16=y

You'd better say no to CONFIG_FONT_8x16 !
8x8 makes you sure you get 50 lines instead of 25.
And now here is my former post - never got any answer, though, but I know it
worked for me :)