Re: Parallel Ports

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:13:43 -0500
jeff elkins <jeffelkins@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > On (15/01/05 15:26), Jacob S wrote:

<snip>
> I recently moved to low-profile Shuttle boxes which ship sans parallel
> port. I used a parallel->usb cable ($20 US) for my HP laserjet w/o
> problems. If the target box has two usb ports, that's another option
> to consider.

Hello Jeff,

What brand and model number did you get for parallel->usb? What kernel
modules do you use to support it? I've tried one cheapo converter but it
requires drivers and I have no idea what kernel drivers it takes. (The
box doesn't have any brand labeling on it, but it does come with a
drivers floppy for Windows.)

Thanks,
Jacob