Re: password protection of a file

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 17:48 +0000, Peter Nuttall wrote:
> On Sunday 16 Jan 2005 16:30, Michael Marsh wrote:
> > On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:07:33 +0000, Peter Nuttall <p.s.nuttall@dur.ac.uk>
> wrote:
> > > would you mind mailing it to me as an attachment or posting the MD5sum?
> > > I don't seem to be copy and pasting it correctly, based on fcrackzip
> > > not seeing it as a zip file.
> >
> > You are uudecoding it first, right?  I pasted it into test.zip.uu and
> > then ran "uudecode test.zip.uu", and it was just fine.
> >
> > --
> > Michael A. Marsh
> > http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh
>
> Thanks, I thought I was doing something silly and have never seen uucode
> before.

Thanks for making me feel old...

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

(N.B. - This is hyperbole, not a heartfelt part of my core
beliefs.)
Windows sucks. No, really. Any butt-wipe pseudo-OS that *needs*
kludges like PC-Anywhere or RDP for remote access, and only
allows 1 login at a time shouldn't be allowed to exist, and it's
developers should be shot.