Re: Can't set resolution for console

andras.lorincz@gmail.com wrote:
I'm using Sid with AIW Radeon, kernel 2.6.9 compiled with frame buffer support and want to change the text mode resolution. I've tried in grub to pass kernel parameter vga=791, but after the grub menu is listed and the kernel begins to load, the screen blanks until the kdm starts. Another try was to set vga=ext, that has some effect: after grub menu is listed, the kernel begins to load and the resolution is changed properly, but while the system loads, at a moment the resolution is changed back to 80x25 before kdm starts.

How should I handle it?

I have the same problem and, sorry, I don't have a solution for it. But if you find a way to solve it, please report it here.

Yevgen