mounting a fat32 partition, allowing all users

Hi.
I have setup a dual-boot machine where I have a fat32 partition (/dev/hda3).
I used debian sarge installer and choosed a mountpoint for that partition (/javasoft) and selected it as fat32.

I see no strange settings in /etc/fstab regarding the setup made by the installer. However, I am finding a strange behaviour that I don't recall from previous linux installs that I had:

The user that mounts the partition is the only that gets permission to read/execute inside. This was not what I was intending to do.
What I can see is that
1 - Mounting (with default fstab settings) as root
 - my /javasoft gets set root.root rwxr--r-- permissions.
 - I cannot chmod to 755.
- Even if I chmod to 755 before mouting, it gets the above permissions after mounting

2 - Changing /etc/fstab from "defaults" to "rw,user,noauto" and mounting as jpcl - my /javasoft get set to jpcl.jpcl rwxr--r-- permissions (same as above, but for user jpcl instead of root)

What I was willing to achieve was something like
/javasoft  root.root  rwxrwxrwx  ..

Any tip?
Thanks
Joao Clemente