Re: How to Kanji(Japanese charactor input mode)??

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 05:07:17PM +0900, wasaby wasaby wrote:
> Hi,
> I am reluctant to ask this since I do not know
> much ppl are concerned on this issue, though.
>
> Could you tell me what can be done if I cannot
> start Kanji( Japanese character ) input mode
> by pressing Ctrl+space/ Shift+space.
>
> I wonder what can be clue to start with.
>
> Please give help.

If you are doing old way, kinput2 etc.  SHIFT-SPACE

But if you are running testing/unstable, think about UTF-8 locale in X
and SCIM (with anthy) for input.  Actually, you can input all languages,
Chinese, Korean, Hindu, ...

$ sudo apt-get install m17n-env scim scim-m17n libanthy0 gdm

Read README.Debian of scim

$ sudo set-m17n-env
$ set-m17n-env

Then set locale of X to en_US.UTF-8

You may want to install few Japanese and other fonts.

For more read SCIM doc.

Osamu