Daemon Programming

Hi,
I hope you can help me. I have made a program that will be listening
to a port. I want to start the program every time the machine boots,
so I created the script to use in init.d and Ive also created the
symlinks.

The machine boots, and the programs starts. I use ps ax and I can see
that the program is running, I use netstat -an, and I can see the port
is open. When I use a client program, the server doesnt answer. I use
strace -p  <PID_of_SERVER>, and I see that the server is receiving the
data, the program also saves the data in a log file. But the real
action is not performed.

If I restart the program by hand, /etc/init.d/my_serverd restart, and
I use again the client program, the server works fine. I really dont
have any idea, what´s happening.

Does anyone have any idea why this would occur?

Thanks,

Sergio Cuéllar Valdés

--
"Meine Hoffnung soll mich leiten