IBM x306 server

Hi,

does anybody have any experience installing debian sarge on IBM x306 series server with
integrated adaptec SATA controller. I have problem setting up hardware RAID, since installer
doesn't recognize my discs if raid is enabled in bios. I also tried to install FC3, where I can
see both of my discs instead of one. I have never set up hardware RAID but with FC3 i followed
the following steps:
- enable raid in bios
- create bootable raid 1 array
- create the same partitions on both discs
- sinchronize discs
- install sistem (FC3)

When installing FC3 I also tried to load drivers for RHEL3 but I get error: No devices of the
appropriate type were found on this dirver... and even if i chose manualy all adaptec
drivers the installer doesn't recognize disc at all. Is there any way to install Debian on x306 server.

thx for the answers
tomaz