Re: Problem compiling (gcc? glibc?)

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 03:40:22PM +1300, Andrew Walbran wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 12:34 pm, Andrew Walbran wrote:
> > On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 10:19 pm, Andrea Vettorello wrote:

> [...]

One question.  Did you do a fresh install of Debian or did you by any
chance install over an existing install?  FWIW, my /bin/echo links
against /lib/libc.so.6

Do you by any chance have an environment variable "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" set?
If so, this might be causing the error.  Also, "cat /etc/ld.so.conf" and
see what's in there.  If there's a reference to the tls directory here,
this _might_ cause the misdirected(?) link path.  If this file does
contain a reference to that directory, I believe the correct way to
correct this is with "ldconfig".  It sounds a bit scary to run this
program (as root, of course), but this may be the way you will need to
correct this.  It appears that you may have a configuration problem.