Re: can't use usb printer in debian.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:08:30 -0200, Suporte Logic
<suporte@logicsp.com.br> wrote:
> I'm using debian kernel 2.4.26, with hotplug installed & cups.
>
> I installed a usb printer hp deskjet 3320, the cups "recognizes" the printer ( it appears in the USB Printer #1 ) and it looks fine.
>
> When I print, I get the "Printer Fault!" message.

I had no luck with cups -- I'm still not entirely sure why.  You might
want to give lprng a try.  At the very least, if you can get lprng
working then you have *a* printing solution, even if you want to try
using cups again later.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh