Re: XF86Setup Command how to execute ?

Hello

michael (<linux@networkingnewsletter.org.uk>) wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 02:17, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
>>
>> I think your mail was intended to list instead of me, I therefore
>> quite it in full.
>>
>> Please specify you mean with "If could not dpkg-reconfigure"?
>>
>> Do you run this command as root?  What happens if you try to run
>> "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-free86"?
>
> I just ran this myself (to sort out a similar low-res issue for a Sony
> SDM-X93 19'' TFT) and dpkg-reconfigure xserver-free86 ran, I answered
> lots of questions, rebooted and nothing seems any diff. Indeed
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 hasn't changed at all...

If the original config file has been changed manually or by some other
setup program, debconf won't touch it. You can use dexconf to generate
a config file from the answers stored in the debconf database.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976