Mounting aacraid device during boot with fstab

I'm having a couple of issues doing this the "right" way. At the moment,
what's happening is that the aacraid module is being loaded after it
attempts to mount the devices in fstab, which is of course resulting in a
big dirty failure. The interesting thing is that my /etc/rcS.d/ dir look
like this...

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   27 Jan 12 03:50 S20module-init-tools ->
../init.d/module-init-tools
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   18 Jan 12 03:13 S20modutils -> ../init.d/modutils
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   20 Jan 12 03:13 S30checkfs.sh ->
../init.d/checkfs.sh
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   23 Jan 12 03:13 S30etc-setserial ->
../init.d/etc-setserial
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   19 Jan 12 03:13 S30procps.sh ->
../init.d/procps.sh
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   21 Jan 12 03:13 S35mountall.sh ->
../init.d/mountall.sh

I am entirely likely to be on the wrong track here, but it appears to me
that it's supposed to be loading the modules before it attempts to mount any
of the filesystems. Can anyone shed some light on the right way to do this?
It's no stretch at all to add a "mount -a" late in the startup and mount the
device, it works fine like that, but that seems somehow hackish. I've even
tried adding a "_netdev" to the options of the fstab entry, and that didn't
seem to have any effect. Anyone got any ideas?