Re: GNOME Print Screen

From: Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@d.umn.edu>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: GNOME Print Screen
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:54:21 -0600

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 16:00 -0500, Bruce Park wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I currently have the print key mapped to to do print screen in GNOME.
> Unfortunately, this seems to have no effect.
>
> What do you think I should do to try to troubleshoot this?

what are you using to do the mapping? try mapping the same key
combination to be a shortcut to launch gnome-terminal or something
similar, does that work? what window manager do you use?

-matt zagrabelny

Matt,

I should have tried binding this to another key ... I can't believe I didn't think about that.

I used it to bind it to Alt+x. It actually worked.

Now, I change it back to the "Print" key using the key itself (so it must be getting recognized) but it does nothing again.

What do you think? The key isn't broken but somehow, GNOME isn't recognizing it. Does this have anything to do with my Windows key no longer being Mod_4?

Thanks for the help.

bp