Re: Help web installation procedure.

You might want to use the newer sarge (= testing) or sid (= unstable)
instead of woody.  If you are building a production server that doesn't
need new software and needs the support of the security team, you could
go with woody.  I wouldn't choose woody at this stage.

Here is the link to the sarge / sid installer:

You should download one of the CD images, I recommend the sarge
"netinst" image.

When burning .iso CD images, make sure you tell your burning software
it is an image - don't start a new compilation or whatever and put the
ISO file in it, that won't work.

Once you've burned your CD, you can boot off it and the installer will
guide you through the install.  It's safe to boot the CD, it won't
start installing before asking you.