Headless "rescue" CD that's Debian based.

Hello all,

I'm casting about for suggestions or recommendations
for a Debian-based "rescue" CD that would be
appropriate for maintenance of a "headless"
machine--i.e., one with no monitor, keyboard or mouse.

The machine is configured to boot from CD if one is
available, so it should be a matter of just popping
the CD in the drive and flipping a switch. All
hardware detection needs to be automatic, and done
without any user intervention, of course, as none is
really possible. No video card detection is needed,
since there's no video. Neither is X needed.

The other requirement is that the CD provide root
access over ssh, either directly or through sudo.

Any thoughts? I've looked through the standard
Knoppix/Mepis/Ubuntu, but most of them are obviously
not engineered with this task in mind. There must be
something that is, right?

Thanks,

rc