Re: a project with libglib2.0-dev

Baurjan Ismagulov wrote:

> > > Is there a good way to build the project without copying the file?
> >
> > This shouldn't be necessary.  I routinely manage projects with both
> > automake 1.4 and automake 1.8 without any problems.
>
> What do you use in configure.ac? I have the following:
>
> AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0(2.0.0, , AC_MSG_ERROR(no usable glib library found))

I looked closer and only my old projects use AM_PATH_GLIB, like this:

AM_PATH_GLIB(1.2.0,
                [LIBS="$LIBS $GLIB_LIBS" CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $GLIB_CFLAGS"],
                glib=false, "gmodule" )

(and those only use automake 1.4)

My glib 2.0 projects all use PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PROJECT, glib-2.0)
(with a mix of automake 1.4 and 1.8)

Regards,
        Frederic