Re: Stop Sarge Loading ide-cd

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 03:13:20PM -0000, Patrick Beard wrote:

   > >> was not seen by cdrecord so I ran modconf and sure enough ide-cd was
   > >> loaded. I removed it using modconf, yet after a reboot its back.
   > >> Can someone please tell me how to stop this module from loading?
   > >>
   > >maybe check in
   > >/etc/modules ?
   >
   > I'm pretty sure I did, and it wasn't there. ide-generic and the like were
   > there but no ide-cd.
   > I'll double check again tonight.
   >
   > Any other possibilities?

One that I can think of is hotplug. If you have it installed, check out
the /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d. Add the modules that you do not want
loaded there. Should help you avoid the autoloading of ide-cd.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                   GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Ma Bell is a mean mother!