Re: Mingw32 bug ?

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 11:28:21AM +0100, Muschick Christian wrote:
> Apparently neither destruction of static objects nor the
> atexit-mechanism appear to work for a program compiled with
> i586-mingw32msvc-g++. The following program results in the expected
> output of
>
> Mon Jan 10: ~/c++/test> ./test
> main
> Destructor
>
> when compiled with the native g++, but fails to produce the expected
> output when compiled with the i586-mingw32msvc-g++ crosscompiler and
> executed with wine.

> Mon Jan 10: ~/c++/test> wine testcross.exe
> main
> Wine exited with a successful status

This is apparently a problem with wine, not with mingw - I ran your
program on a win32 box and it works correctly.

I tested various other things and I am fairly sure wine is not executing
the destructors or atexit handler at all.

I haven't tried this with a different win32 compiler and wine, as I
don't have one.

Maybe you should file a bug against wine?