export Mozilla Calendar data

Hi, the Mozilla Calendar looks and works really nice, but is there a way
to get the data to any other program, in particular a command line
program?  I figured that the calendar data is stored in
~/.mozilla/defualt/${obfuscated_profile_name}/Calendar/CalendarDataFile.ics.
Is there another program that understands data in this format, or do I
have to write it myself?  It doesn't look very difficult, still apt-get
would be quicker ;-) A Perl or python library certainly qualifies for an
answer.

TIA, Ian

--
I wonder which is the best virus for unix and if I can write
a better one in Microsoft BASIC ?