Re: More woes from earlier upgrade

 --- Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
> Thomas, I can understand your sigh, but searching bugs.debian.org and
> actually finding relevant material is not as easy for the uninitiated as

:) Thanks, Kent. It's not so much the point that it's daunting (although I
suppose this is true), but more the point that if one is running Unstable,
the BTS should be the *first* "port of call".

What would the OP done if the bug wasn't filed? Would he have submitted
one? He might have. Would he have been able to fix it himself? Clearly
not. A not unreasonable solution might have been:

# dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/....../package.deb

... if the bug was not listed. Of course, this raises the question whether
the OP is "ready" for Unstable. The breakage in the above package is
nothing serious -- not as serious as some of the other breakages, anyway.
It's only a question of time before he's left lying on his back, legs
twitching in the air.

Don't take it personally, but this is the second time within the last few
days where we (as in the sense of debian-user) have had to play the
BTS-frontend, for an otherwise simple operation.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"