Re: How can I disable anti-aliasing of screen fonts in sarge?

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:23:40 -0500 cga wrote:

    [...]

 c> Now my question is how can I disable this anti-aliasing? Do I need to
 c> remove the fontconfig package? At this point I'm considering
 c> reinstalling gnome, reconfiguring it w/o anti-aliasing and then removing
 c> it unless s/o could come up w/ a more sensible solution.

    1) gnome-font-properties -> Font Rendering -> Monochrome

    2) environment variable GDK_USE_XFT=0

        serge@matveev spb ru                       Serge Matveev & ...
        ICQ 3575357