Re: Importing Windows Media Player URLs to RhythmBox

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 10:44:57 -0500
Brian White <bcwhite@precidia.com> wrote:

> How does one import a stream intended for Windows Media Player in to a
> Linux application like RhythmBox?  The link I'm tring to access is:
>
> 	http://www.cfra.com/listen/index.asp#
>
> It's contents include:
>
>       <object id="player" width="320" height="70"
>                                 classid=CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB
>                                 -0080C74C7E95
>                                 codebase="http://www.microsoft.com/nt
>                                 server/netshow/download/en/nsmp2inf.c
>                                 ab#Version=5,1,51,415"
>                                 standby="Loading Microsoft Media
>                                 Player components...">
>           <param name="FileName"
>           VALUE="http://142.46.199.62/cfra200367s";><param
>           name="ShowControls" VALUE="1"><param name="ShowTracker"
>           VALUE="1"><param name="ShowStatusBar" VALUE="1">
>           <param name="VideoBorder3D" VALUE="0">
>           <param name="VideoBorderWidth" VALUE="0">
>           <param name="AutoStart" value="1">
>           <param name="AnimationAtStart" value="0">
>           <param name="TransparentAtStart" value="0">
>                   <param name="SendErrorEvents" value="true">
>           <embed type="video/x-ms-asf-plugin"
>                                         pluginspage="http://www.micro
>                                         soft.com/windows/mediaplayer/
>                                         download/default.asp"
>                                         src="http://142.46.199.62/cfr
>                                         a200367s" ShowControls="1"
>                                         ShowTracker="1"
>
>                                         ShowStatusBar="1"
>                                         VideoBorder3D="0"
>                                         VideoBorderWidth="0"
>                                         width="320"
>                                         height="70"
>                                         AutoStart="1"
>                                         AnimationAtStart="0"
>                                         TransparentAtStart="0"
>                                         SendErrorEvents="true"
>
>                                         > </embed>
>       </object>
>

> I've tried just inserting the "http://142.46.199.62/cfra200367s"; in to
> RhythmBox, but when opened it just displays "Buffering..." and never
> plays anything.

This doesn't help much with Rhythmbox, but the
"http://142.46.199.62/cfra200367s"; part you mention works fine for me in
mplayer. My guess would be that Rhythbox is missing the needed codec,
but like I said, I've never used Rhythmbox.

HTH,
Jacob