Re: free vs commercial

David Fokkema wrote:
I forgot: I bought a CanoScan Lide30 which I plugged into my laptop.
That was the hard part. The easy part was starting up gimp and selecting
'acquire' and clicking on my scanning device. It didn't even need the
install cd. Windows users were advised to first install the cd before
plugging the scanner in.

What device does it show up on? I'm trying to get my LiDE20 (or is it a 30?) working on my normal user. Works on root but the permissions are preventing it working on my normal user. I can't figure out which device it's on. :/