gpg-agent packaged...?

Hey ho,

I'm once again trying to force myself to consistently sign my e-mail
traffic. I remember KMail offered an option to keep the passphrase in
memory during the current session, but that option seems to have
vanished in the most recent version in sid. Which is quite annoying; my
pass phrase is quite long (I was told to have it as long as possible,
which made sense to me), so typing it over and over again gets really
cumbersome after a while.

A quick Google search learned me that the most recent solution would be
the Ägypten project, which of course will be the way to go if no proper
Debian package of gpg-agent exists.

I just wondered why... I found a message in the debian-devel archives,
dating back to 2002 [1], in which Martin Krafft states he'll file an
ITP (later on in the thread, however, that turns into something along
the lines of "we'll have to wait"). A more recent message with
basically the same question, is that of Nicolas Gollan in October 2004
[2] on debian-user, but he got no replies at all.

So I kind of wondered -- why is there no packaged solution to this?
Debian boasts thousands of packages, why not gpg-agent, or something
containing it? Has this been discussed recently, without me noticing it
(I'm not that good of a search person, I just might've missed that
thread in the archives), and if so, what is the reason of gpg-agent not
being available?

Hoping for someone to enlighten me,
cheers,
Tom