Re: Debian on an old PC

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 15:53 +0000, Sue Spence wrote:

Vegard Lundby Rekaa wrote:

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 14:54 +0100, Vegard Lundby Rekaa wrote:

[snip]

hence an easier sell. Supporting really old kit is IMO a royal time-wasting pain at the best of times. I know some people enjoy it, but I can think of more fun things to do.

Better said: it's a geek hobby, not fit for human consumption. ;)

Your "correction" misses my point. I said *supporting* really old kit is a pain.

I play with the stuff fairly regularly for my own purposes. There is a tidy pile of scavenger fodder next to my desk right now, and boxes of it on racks in our office. However, for various reasons, I really don't like to do IT support for family and friends on old gear. It's a mug's game.