Re: Debian on an old PC

Vegard Lundby Rekaa wrote:
> I need some advice. Is debian fit for a Pentium 100MHz PC with 16MB RAM
> and approx 4Gb harddisk? Are there anyone who has experience with such a
> slow machine running debian (or any other linux dist)?

I held the top slot in the BogoMIPS-HOWTO for slowest system for many years-
a 386SX/16 w/8 megs of RAM. Used a pair of them (and Hercules MDA) to get
Netscape on the internet (orange hi-res screen). One ran X, the other ran
Netscape. Held 'em together with duct tape. ;-)

Yes, yours'll work. Take a peek at WindowMaker (wmaker), I ran it on a
486DX4/100 w/24 megs for quite some time before moving to a P133 w/64
megs running KDE.