Re: Debian on an old PC

At Wednesday, 5 January 2005, "Vegard Lundby Rekaa" <vegardlr@student.
matnat.uio.no> wrote:

>I need some advice. Is debian fit for a Pentium 100MHz PC with 16MB RAM
>and approx 4Gb harddisk? Are there anyone who has experience with
such a
>slow machine running debian (or any other linux dist)?
>
>Regards Vegard
>
>--

i have a 2.4 kernel running on one PII 133MHz machine w/ 16MB of
RAM and a 40 GB HDD and another PII 200MHz machine w/ 32MB of ram
w/ a 6.something GB HDD.

no problems as far as I can tell ... the machines are slow though.

Zero Crossings, Inc. -- Embedded and Digital Signal Processing Systems

http://www.zerocrossings.com/