Re: Clarification concerning security of testing on a laptop

<snip>

I just gave the first example that came to my mind, there are others,
I'm sure. I know that from time to time it did frustrate me to see
software I knew to be released, but not being available yet with apt.

Concerning the specifics as to why Gnome 2.8 was or was not there fast
enough... Do not take wrongly what I'll say, it is by no means as a
rebuke:

it's simple: end-users do not want to know *why* a specific package is /
is not there. Politics/policies do not matter to them.

You will say that it's open-source and people have to right really to
complain, or better, that they should do it themselves. Partly true.

Since I didn't mean to hijack your thread, people, I'll leave it at
that :)

Jeff