Re: X problem - desktop too big for screen size.

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 05:35:50PM +1100, Grahams@Mexico wrote:
> Changed monitor and am back running X after a dpkg-reconfigure
> xserver-xfree86.
>
> Problem is the windows are way too big for the 1024 x 780 resolution,
> and the desktop does not fit into the screen.

does the screen scroll when you move the mouse to the edge of it?

Thanks Sam

No it doesn't. I ended up working around it by setting the resolution to
1280x1024 then in gnome changing the screen resolution in desktop preferences.

Not the result I wanted (each user has to set it individually) but it works.

AG