Re: wget times out - but ftp works OK

Hi Icebiker

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:27:46AM -0500, Icebiker wrote:

<snip>

> Don't know how you figure out the MTU setting for your ethernet controller
> under Linux, but maybe you could try experimenting with the MTU setting on
> the router to see if that improves things. MTU is set on the WAN setup page
> (got a DI 604 too, wonderful little box).

tried different settings without any luck. I used ping with switches -s
and -M to find out about when packages were fragmented - but with the
default value of MTU (1500) on the router there was no fragmentation.

So the problem persists :-(

> /icebiker

Karsten

Karsten Bolding                    Bolding & Burchard Hydrodynamics
Strandgyden 25                     Phone: +45 64422058
DK-5466 Asperup                    Fax:   +45 64422068
Denmark                            Email: karsten@bolding-burchard.com