Re: wget times out - but ftp works OK

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 02:17:44PM +0200, Necati DEMiR wrote:
> are you connecting to internet through a proxy?

no I'm not.

I just tried explicitely to set passive with a normal ftp session - then
it hangs/times out again. I guess it might be related to my router
(D-Link DI604).
I've set up 'virtual servers' to allow ftp and ssh to a box behind the
router. I've opened for ftp on port 21 - is the port number changed when
entering passive mode?

Karsten Bolding                    Bolding & Burchard Hydrodynamics
Strandgyden 25                     Phone: +45 64422058
DK-5466 Asperup                    Fax:   +45 64422068
Denmark                            Email: karsten@bolding-burchard.com