Re: mozilla-thunderbird and filtering to nested sub-folders

On 01/04/2005 06:00 AM, James Cummings wrote:
Has anyone else had a problem filtering to nested sub-folders in thunderbird? I'll describe in more detail:

I create a new filter rule, and select when address is foo@foo.com to put it in AccountName/Folder/Subfolder. To do this using the filter dialog box it expands nested lists fine, I can go to Accountname, and there is a little arrow pointing me to expand and see all the Folders, and then under those subfolders. However, when I select a subfolder it puts just "subfolder on AccountName". When the filter indeed fires it complains (TRYCREATE fails) because there is no folder called that. And indeed, there is no folder called subfolder on Accountname because it should be folder/subfolder on Accountname.

Is this a bug that has already been reported? I am thinking of switching to thunderbird, but can't possibly do so if filtering to subfolders doesn't work. Is there a fix to this?

-James

James,

This works fine for me. I'm using sarge except for thunderbird 1.0 from experimental (http://www.jwsdot.com/debian/index.html). Filters have worked well for me on earlier versions as well, though I only just tried a subfolder to check out your claim.

The dialog box where you see "subfolder on AccountName" does not show the complete picture, so click on the adjacent arrows to Expand the drop-down menu showing the folders and subfolders. Now you can see account name -> folder -> subfolder.

Can you create a new subfolder? Or maybe try 1.0 from the maintainer's link above.

Thunderbird has been rock solid for me.

Good luck!

Ralph