Re: gaim won't resize horizontally

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:39:31 -0500
Nori Heikkinen <nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:

> hey all,
>
> after upgrading to gaim version 1.1.0, i can no longer resize the gaim
> buddy window horizontally to smaller than 216px.  i tried downgrading
> to version 1.0.2, but the problem persists.  has anyone else seen
> something like this?  did i somehow remove a package that allows me to
> resize gtk windows horizontally?  it seems unlikely, since i can still
> resize the IM windows to as small as i want.
>
> if no one else has seen this, i'll file a bug on gaim.  i'm not
> positive it's not just me, though ...

Are you not able to resize it at all horizontally, or just smaller than
a certain width? If it's the latter, I've noticed this since at least
1.0. I just assumed they used a gtk variable to keep it from being
downsized past a certain size. It seems to closely correlate to the
width of usernames on my buddy list + their buddy icons + the protocol
icon (aim, jabber, etc.).

Unfortunately I don't know a way to work around it, though there are
times I would like it smaller (I have two gaim buddy lists open on my
desktop at all times... for a combined total of at least 4 usernames).

HTH & HAND,
Jacob